Work Wardrobe Update

Seeing as I've started an internship at Oasis's head office, I thought to myself that I should do a bit of shopping to re-vamp my wardrobe in order to make it more 'office friendly'. All the items in my wardrobe are very casual and not very suitable to wear to an office. Therefore I went on a shopping trip to jazz it up a bit. 

Most of the pieces I brought are items that I can wear again as it's coming up to summer. In the head office the uniform theme is 'smart casual' so I could get away with wearing a majority of my wardrobe if worn in the right way. 

The first shop I went to was Zara and it's the first place I thought of for smart clothing, despite their generally high prices. I managed for find a few key pieces that would fit nicely into my wardrobe. The two essential items I was looking for were some black shorts and some shoes. 
The first item I brought was a striped t-shirt. Now, I know this isn't very smart, however it has a much smarter look to it compared to pile of basic t-shirts I own.

I also found some black shorts which I love so much. They are a black floral lace which I think will be lovely for the summer and even for work if I was to wear with a nice shirt or even grey t-shirt and statement necklace.

I also picked up another pair of shorts from Zara which my sister also has (you may have seen my post on Instgram @allhungupblog). They too have lace, however it's more of an accent and they're white.  They are a sort of crepe fabric so they will be nice and light for the sun.
The next store I went to was Topshop. When in there I was aiming to find some nice shoes and possibly some shorts again.
This I achieved as I picked up some lovely grey woven tweed shorts with a hint of green incorporated into them. These teamed with a cream Oasis vest top which I already own will no doubt be smart enough for the head office.
Recently I've been scouring the web for some scallop hem short and I haven't been very successful in finding any with the right kind of scallops, but recently Topshop  released some in the nicest shade of blue ever! They are really light and comfortable and I can't wait to team them with a white top in the summer.
The shoes I purchased are some lovely floral (yet again) sandals. They do expose quite a lot of foot which I'm a little 'hmm' about... however they are so nice I think I'm going to give them a go. They are black which is a staple colour in my wardrobe, with 3D flowers dotted along the bars crossing over your foot.
I'm envisioning these sandal/shoes with some black skinny jeans and a nice blouse, or even the shorts I've purchased from Topshop,

What are your workwear essentials and what shops do you tend to shop in for work wear?
:)

1 comment:

Post a Comment