Battersea Park Picnic

Today me and my boyfriend took a trip over to Battersea Park in Chelsea, South West London. Normally when we go to the park we go to Regents Park, however this time we didn't have enough time so we changed locations. 
Today was such a lovely day. It was 26 degrees and the sun was out all day so it was the perfect day to do my favourite summertime activity. 

I woke up at 9:30am, got up, ate breakfast, got dressed and I was out of the door by 10:30, and I made my way to my dad's cafe to grab some food. 


























By 12pm I was at Earls Court station waiting for Kash to arrive (what a surprise, he was late -not!), and when he did we then got back on the train to Sloane Square. 


Once at Sloane Square we took a 20 minute walk to Battersea Park. We had to walk down the Kings Road which is where I recently was working at an internship. We took a left off the Kings Road and headed towards my favourite bridge, 'St. Alberts Bridge' and we found ourselves amongst the most lovely town houses. 



As we walked over St Alberts Bridge we took a few pictures of the amazing architecture and view of the river. 

 


Literally as soon as you get off the bridge the park is on your left so we took a few more pictures and then carried on our way trying to find a spot to sit and relax. 



Today I wore a simple back and white outfit. My black demin shorts are from New Look, my white floral cutout top is from Topshop and my shoes my favourite summer Birkenstock sandals. 

Whilst wondering through the park we came across some water fountains which looked surprisingly clean and refreshing and by the time we left at 4 pm it was full of kids splashing about in the water. 




Once we found a spot to settle down we ate lunch and chilled out in the sun...



One thing I noticed about this park is that there were soooo many dogs! They were everywhere, but they were all well trained so it wasn't like they running round causing mayhem. 
We also saw these really cool buggie bikes which you could hire, so next time we go we're going to try those out. I also found out that Battersea Park has a zoo in it and a massive lake, so there is plenty to do here!



At around 4pm we left the park and strolled back to the station, grabbed an ice cream and then headed home. It was such a nice day, the perfect day for a trip to the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment