Oat and Raisin Cookies

For the past few days I've had the urge to do some baking. Usually I would bake some kind of cake, however this time I wanted to do something easier and quicker therefore I decided to bake some cookies.
At the moment I'm avoiding chocolate and sweets so instead of doing a typical chocolate chip cookie, I chose to bake oat and raisin ones. I got this recipe from Mary Berry, however I have adapted it by adding in the raisins. I also wanted to add some cinnamon for extra flavour, however I didn't put it on my shopping list and came home without it :(

For this bake you will need:
- 175g Self raising flour
- 175g Granulated sugar
- 75g Porridge Oats
- 75g Raisins 
- 1tsp Baking powder
- 1tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 2tbsp Golden syrup
- 75g Butter




STEP 1: The first step is to preheat your oven to 356 degrees Fahrenheit/ 180 degrees Celcius

STEP 2: Measure all the dry ingredients and mix in a bowl

STEP 3: Melt butter and golden syrup together over a low heat until fully melted and combined together, be careful not to burn the butter!


STEP 4: Whilst the butter is melting, roughly chop up the raisins and add to the bowl full of dry ingredients 

STEP 5: Combine the butter and golden syrup mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix together well- you may need to use your hands for this
























STEP 6: Divide the mixture into equal balls. I managed to get 15 out of the mixture however bare in mind that they will expand when cooking

 

STEP 7: Place onto dusted baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes


STEP 8: Transfer onto a cooling rack and wait until cooled


FINAL STEP: Tuck in :)


These cookies were so easy to make and super quick too. The best thing about baking cookies is that you can open the oven door as many times as you like without worrying that they're doing to deflate. Therefore make sure to turn around the baking tray half way through to get a even bake.

I hope you like this blog post, if you deicide to give it a go take a picture and tag me in it on Instagram @allhungupblog and i'll make sure to give them a like!

No comments:

Post a Comment