Uni Home Haul

I am back at university! After my year out which went incredibly quick, I have been getting ready to get back in the groove of things and get my head down. 

Somehow, all of the items I took to uni with me for the first and second year have magically disappeared off the face of the Earth, therefore I've had to go out and grab a few new bits to bring up to Manchester with me. 

One of my current favourite shops for homeware and little bits and bobs is 'Tiger'. I'm not sure if these stores are based all over the UK but I know they are a few of them dotted around London. The prices of the products in this shop are so reasonable! I managed to pick up the cutest oven glove for £3, a massive wooden spoon for £1, and a plastic colander for £2. 
I am so in love with the little face on this oven glove! There were a range of faces to choose from but it was the blue and curly hair that did it for me.


I also needed to buy some new plates. I don't like buying sets because I know I'm not going to need a 12 piece crockery arrangement, therefore I went to Marks & Spencer and chose these really gorgeous plates and bowls which are perfect. I love the colours and patterns used on them and they were priced at £5 each for the bowl and £6 each for the plates... Pretty reasonable!


I also ventured into Primark to grab a few bits. Primark have recently been doing some really lovely home-ware pieces of which I grabbed a new bed sheet, laundry bin and multi purpose hanger. The bed sheet is so cute with little red hearts on it, costing £7.50 and is 100% brushed cotton.
The laundry bin is light pink with a pastel coloured floral print on it which was around £3, and my hanger was £2.

 

The hanger is just a black velvet hanger with multiple hanger teeth (definitely not the right word), allowing you to hang more than one item on it. I've put this behind my door as a place I can throw my everyday bags and coats onto.


I also grabbed this little blue glass cup from Next for £3. I am going to use this to keep my everyday rings and necklace in, along with my key facial products. I chose this little cup because I love the colour of the recycled glass and the little butterfly sculpted into it.

 

After doing this home shop I cannot wait until I have my own house which I can decorate as I please.  There were so many other items I would have loved to have brought, but right now I don't need or have the space for them!
Where are your favourite shops to buy home accessories? Let me know in the comments so I can have a browse!

No comments:

Post a Comment