NYE 2014

For the past 2 years that I have spent new years in London, I have tried to find new places to go or fun things to do that will make the evening memorable. Last year, me and my boyfriend took a trip to Primrose Hill where we watched the amazing London fireworks amongst a beautiful view. However, this year we were spending it apart, therefore I wanted to do something special with my closest friends, so I decided to hold a dinner the night before new years eve: a new years eve eve dinner.

I hosted the meal at my home in London as I had returned for Christmas, so there was plenty of room for decorations and cooking. To decorate the kitchen I placed strings of fairy lights around the back doors and around the massive picture frame on our wall. I also went to a shop called 'Tiger' earlier in the day and picked up some candles to put on the table. 

 

Whilst in 'Tiger' I also picked up some napkins, two small heart shaped bowls to put dips in for £1 each, and finally the coolest elephant shaped bowl for £6 which I think is pretty priceless!



I wanted to hang baubles from the ceiling by some ribbon, however I could not find any. I think this would have been a really nice touch to finish off the xmas/ new years theme. 

For the dinner, 3 of my friends came over and we all contributed by bringing a course. Parisa brought the starter which was an assortment of dips, spicy chicken wings, and olives. 


I prepared pizza, chips, and garlic bread for the main course. 


Ellen brought along the dessert which was chocolate puddings with coffee ice cream, and Annabel was in charge of the drinks. 


I liked that we each chose easy food, as it made sure that we were all able to join in the conversation without someone being too busy preparing their meal.

I had a really lovely night and I think the decorations really added to the ambience. I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Years! Let me know how you celebrated in the comments below :)


No comments:

Post a Comment