Concealer vs Concealer

Making decisions about choosing the best make up for yourself is always difficult, especially when new to the game. For me, because I only wear mascara and concealer, it's difficult for me to know which brands are the best for my skin type and will last me throughout the day/night. 

Many bloggers I follow have recommended Rimmels 'Wake Me Up' concealer, as they state it is just as good as any expensive brand. On the other hand, others prefer Collection's 'Lasting Perfection' concealer. Therefore I am going to do a quick comparison of the two products.

I have been wearing Rimmel's concealer for around a year now, and the Collection concealer for a few weeks. I have oily skin and dark eye circles, so bare this in mind!


Prices
Rimmel's 'Wake Me Up' concealer: £5.49. Wearing shade 'Ivory'
Collections 'Lasting Perfection' concealer: £4.19. I am wearing Shade 2 'Cool Medium' 
Both concealers have the same style of applicator and are roughly the same size. 


Application
Rimmel:
When I first open the tube, the first thing I notice is the smell. It's a little weird, smells like suncream.   The product is a nice consistency and not too runny which stops it from feeling too thick under the eyes. Whilst applying the Rimmel concealer there very light sparkles within the product. They are very subtle, and do seem to brighten up my eyes in the light. The product is also easy to blend and there is very little streaking. 



(Rimmel concealer on Left eye)

Results:
Rimmel: 
After the application, I am still able to see an outline of my bags under my eyes. It's possible that this product may be a better with the support of their foundation.

(Rimmel's concealer on the Left vs no concealer at all)

Application
Collection:
This Collection concealer is has a much thicker consistency compared to the Rimmel product. This may sound weird, but the product comes out of its tube really quickly... (not sure if anyone looks for that characteristic in their concealer). The product is also darker in colour, however I think the shade lighter would not be any better.
When blending the product, I would advise to use either your finger or a sponge as using a brush did cause a lot of streaking.



Results:
Collection: 
Coverage is better although I am still able to see the bags under my eyes lightly. The product also seems to be smoother but create a flatter colour under the eyes.

(Rimmel's concealer on Left, Collection's on Right.. please excuse my wonky eyebrows!)

Wear
Rimmel:
After wearing this product throughout the day, it does not last as long as I would have hoped. The colour is very light and by the end of the day the coverage has disappeared, leaving mostly sparkles under my eye. 

Collection: 
Even though I have only been using this product for a few weeks, I have been really liking it. If the concealer is applied in the morning, by the evening there has been a small amount of loss. There is a significantly larger amount under my eyes compared to the Rimmel concealer. 

Results:
Rimmel: 
May be best suited to nighttime when you want to have 'glow' around your eyes. Do not expect it to last all day.
Alternatively, this product may be best suited to the Summer time. As the product is lighter it may be a better concealer if you have lighter circles under your eyes. 

Collection:
Thicker and harder to blend, however the product provides better covering of my eye bags and lasts a lot longer too. Better to apply with sponge or ring finger. 

Outcome
Overall, I think the two concealers are good products for their high street price. As both are under £5 you can't expect the best concealer ever (!). I wouldn't say no to them.
For me, Collection's 'Lasting Perfection' is best suited as it provides heavier coverage. However, it is possible that during the warmer months, I may return to Rimmel's 'Wake Me Up' concealer as I prefer to wear limited makeup in the heat as it pretty much disappears anyway.

I hope this comparison has helped some of you guys that were curious about the two products. Let me know in the comments whether or not you have had similar or different experiences, as I would be interesting to read your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment